1. Turner Construction Co.
- Turner Construction is an American-based construction company and top builder across many market segments, including the healthcare sector.
- The company is headquartered in New York, United States.
- Turner Construction has specialties in lean construction, construction management, and green building, among others.
- BuildCentral’s statistics show that Turner Construction Company has hospital work in planning or construction worth $3.4 billion.
- Turner Construction Company ranks as the largest general contractors globally, with more than 1,000 worldwide healthcare-focused staff.
- One of the outstanding healthcare facility projects completed by Turner Construction is the Buerger Center for Advanced Pediatric Care at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Turner Construction Company uses concrete and steel-reinforced concrete in healthcare facility construction projects.
- For instance, Turner Construction used steel to construct the Buerger Center for Advanced Pediatric Care facility.
2. McCarthy Building Companies
- McCarthy Building Companies is a subsidiary of McCarthy Holdings, Inc. Company. It has specialties in construction and general contractor.
- The company has its headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, United States.
- Based on BuildCentral’s statistics, McCarthy Building Companies’ hospital work in planning or construction is $7.7 billion.
- According to the Associated General Contractors of America, McCarthy Building Companies is the safest large construction company in the U.S. with over 100 years of experience.
- ABC of Georgia awarded McCarthy Building Companies the 2018 Excellence in Construction award for its Grady Hospital E.R. Department project.
- CHOC New Patient Tower is among the company’s notable healthcare projects.
- McCarthy Building Companies look for recyclable materials for healthcare facilities construction projects. The company looks for these materials because they ensure environmental sustainability.
- For instance, McCarthy used recyclable materials and minimized unrecyclable construction waste during the CHOC New Patient Tower construction. It used green roofing, optimization of natural light, and insulation isolation of natural light.
- Other types of construction materials the company uses are healthcare facilities construction projects concrete and steel-type of materials. For instance, the company used steel frame modules to construct Danish Hospital.
3. Skanska USA Building Inc.
- Skanska USA Building Inc. is an American construction company under Skanska as the parent organization. The company’s headquarters are at Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey, United States.
- BuildCentral’s statistics indicate that Skanska USA Building Inc. has hospital work in planning or construction worth $1.5 billion.
- Skanska USA Building Inc. has a three-pronged approach in its healthcare facility building projects. The approach covers patients, outcomes, and efficiency.
- One of the company’s outstanding healthcare projects is the Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida.
- The type of materials the company uses in healthcare facilities construction project includes concrete, glass, steel, and metals.
- For example, Skanska’s healthcare project, the Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida, is constructed using proportionally balancing frit-patterned glass, precast concrete, and metal panels.
- The complaint by Andrew Quirk, Skanska USA’s director, about the 10% to 18% increase in the price of steel and the associated increase in project costs shows the significance of steel as the company’s building material.
- Skanska looks for steel for their healthcare projects because steel allows for speedy construction to ensure project deadlines are met.