BEST/TOP ANALYSIS

Major Osteopathic Medical Colleges in the U.S: Competitive Landscape

The four provided major osteopathic medical colleges in the U.S. were all focused on developing and recruiting aspiring osteopathic medical students who possess the skill and compassion to serve the community. Most of the available insights on the competitive advantage of these schools revolve around the relatively affordable medical programs that they provide. The rest of the available insights on these osteopathic medical colleges were presented in the section below.

1. University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC-TCOM)

Background Information

Brand Overview

Target Market

  • The Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (TCOM) primarily targets aspiring osteopathic medical students from Texas because the college is funded by the state. The school needs to have 90% of its student population to be residents of the state. The remaining 10% of the slot can be filled up by non-Texan residents.
  • TCOM’s target student population number is around 230 each year.
  • The institution also targets aspiring doctors from various backgrounds who have the necessary educational and humanistic attributes to succeed in their fields and be of service to the community.

Competitive Advantage

Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

Background Information

  • The beginnings of the college of osteopathic medicine at LMU started in 2004 when Autry O. V. “Pete” DeBusk, chairman of LMU Board of Trustees and founder and CEO of DeRoyal Industries met with several partners and a rural physician who also want to see a college of medicine department at LMU.
  • After receiving several accreditation, the college finally opened on August 2007 as part of the campus of LMU in Harrogate, Tennessee.
  • The goal of the college is to develop capable osteopathic doctors who believe that the foundation of a meaningful life involves being of service to others.
  • The DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (DCOM) at Lincoln Memorial University also understands the need for research and academic education in the sector.
  • LMU-DCOM regularly allots the needed resources to allow both students and instructors to take part in research opportunities and to highlight notable research initiatives that can help in the preventing, controlling, and diagnosing ailments.
  • Aside from these endeavors, LMU-DCOM is working on partnering with other colleges within LMU, as well as third-party organizations to achieve its target research goals.
  • LMU-DCOM also engages various experts and medical professionals to guide research projects during the initiation and execution phase.

Brand Overview

Target Market

Competitive Advantage

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)

Background Information

Brand Overview

  • LECOM was founded in 1992 when the doctors and administrators at the Millcreek Community Hospital observed the increasing need for more doctors in this field.
  • With the addition of the college and the hospital as the center of an “innovative medical education system” in Erie, Pennsylvania, the school was able to uplift the quality of life of the community.
  • LECOM also introduced a new way of integrating “medical fitness and wellness,” as well as establish a series of doctors’ offices.
  • With the increasing need for new healthcare professionals, LECOM aims to develop health care professionals who are knowledgeable in the osteopathic way of providing holistic primary care.

Target Market

Competitive Advantage

Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM)

Background Information

Brand Overview

Target Market

Competitive Advantage

Related posts
BEST/TOP ANALYSIS

Top Healthcare Construction Companies in the U.S.

Table of Contents 1. Turner Construction Co.2. McCarthy Building Companies3. Skanska USA…
Read more
BEST/TOP ANALYSIS

Best Locks for the Healthcare Industry

Top types of locks used in the healthcare industry include mechanical, keypad, offline, wireless…
Read more
BEST/TOP ANALYSIS

Top Programs That are Designed to Improve Patient Adherence to Treatments

Cigna’s Coach Rx program, Aetna’s Rx Healthy Outcomes program, and Humana’s…
Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *